The Pioneer Bushcraft course is a 5 day intensive course covering the fundamentals of bushcraft in a much greater depth than our weekend courses.
This course was developed after requests by customers for a longer and more comprehensive bushcraft course for beginners and those who wanted a greater grounding and immersion in the fundamental topics.
Short (1 day and 2 day) courses are brilliant to introduce you to the basics of bushcraft, but they are unfortunately limited on time, and the huge subject matter can only be touched on.
Our Pioneer Bushcraft 5 day course gives you much more time to become more confident in your skills and techniques, with the expert guidance of the Wilderness Pioneers instructors.
By the end of this course you will have the confidence that comes from the knowledge that you can thrive outdoors, even in adverse conditions, and have the skills that enable you to work in harmony with the natural environment.
Overview of the Pioneer Bushcraft Course
What you will be covering during the 5 days…
- Tool selection for bushcraft use
- Tool maintenance while out in the field
- Safe use of cutting tools
- Knife skills; making various useful craft tools
- Various methods of fire lighting, including fire by friction
- Identify, gather and prepare various natural tinders
- Understand various fire lays and their uses and fire management
- Cooking with an open fire
- Water – sources, collection, purification and sterilization methods
- Shelters; man made and natural
- Make cordage from various natural materials
- Traps and trapping methods
- Animal preparation
- Trees and plants for food and medicines
- And much more…
Telephone 07527 265 330 or Email email@example.com
Please select a course date from the list below
Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking a course
|Course size||10 participants maximum|
|Course start time||10.00am Day 1|
|Course finish time||4.00pm Day 5|
|Suitability||18 years and older|